Thursday, June 7, 2007

You've got your hands full!

If I had a dime for every time I have heard someone say that to me when I am out in public with all of my kids, I would be a rich woman! I am trying to come up with an intelligent response to that comment, but most of the time I just smile and say, "Yeah", like I really believe them! I must admit, it isn't fun for me to go shopping with 4 boys and I try to avoid it at all costs. But these kids are so cool and I am grateful to be their mother. This photo was taken by Lance on Mother's day in our back yard. Each of the boys' expressions really says a lot about what they are like. I truly am thankful to have my hands full! If you have a funny response to share from when someone has said the same thing to you, please comment!

2 comments:

Trenda said...

I am not the best at this, but one of my friends said that in response to a comment like that, she always tries to be really positive, and says, "yea, but it's great" or "It's the best thing I could be doing with my hands right now", or something like that. Anyway, nothing too creative, but it helps a little with all of the negative attitutes these days about being a mom and having kids. I think people need to see a more positive attitudes about motherhood, and you are a great example of that. I need to learn from you and be more positive myself!

Anonymous said...

better then empty! is what I say. take care Leslie!
Love allison