Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A trip to the dentist


Levi went to see the dentist for the first time last week. He had been looking forward to this visit for a long time because Jonathan kept telling him how fun it was to get your teeth cleaned. He went back to the exam room with the hygienist and she counted his teeth and cleaned them with bubblegum flavored polish. She came out into the waiting room and told me how great she thought he was and that he did an awesome job with no problems at all. The dentist told me his teeth are perfect! Yah Levi! He got a baggie full of fun stuff for his teeth like a new toothbrush, toothpaste, some floss, and gum.
It's a new requirement in our school district for the entering kindergarteners to visit the dentist for a checkup as well as get a physical and update immunizations with the doctor. Levi also did very well when he had to get shots a few weeks ago. He was so brave and didn't even cry because it just felt like a pinch. I had totally prepared him for the experience and brought lots of candy just in case he needed to be comforted. (I learned that through the horrible experience that I had when Jonathan had to get shots and it took me and two nurses to hold him down because he was so scared. I didn't prepare him or bring candy-poor Jonathan!) But Levi was so brave and now he keeps bragging to Jonathan that when he got shots, he didn't cry and Jonathan keeps telling him to stop bragging! Ahhh, brotherly love!
Anyway, we finished all of Levi's Kindergarten registration paperwork and he will be so ready to go in the fall. It's gonna be weird to have two kids in school all week, but I am sure I will have no problem getting used to it.

No comments: