Thursday, March 13, 2008

This winter...


has been the worst for sicknesses in our family. And it seems that friends and family got hit hard with the same germs. They just lingered and went through the whole family and I just have to say how grateful I am for good health now that we are pretty much better. I hate to be sick and I don't get really bad sick, but I REALLY hate it when my kids get sick. They are just miserable and they don't sleep well and therefore, neither do I. It seems that Price got the worst of the sicknesses, I suppose because he is the baby. He had like 4 ailments at once and they were bad. He had goop seeping from his eyes so Lance brought him to urgent care one night to get some medicine. It turned out that both of his ears were infected also, so they gave him an antibiotic and some cream for his eyes. A couple days after this he came down with a weird rash all over his body and he had these horrible canker sores in his mouth and his gums swelled up so bad that they enveloped his teeth. He also got a slight case of impetigo which you can see in the photo above. It was a bacterial infection that created this sore on his nose. Anyway, he is feeling much better, thank heaven, and we are moving forward from this cold winter into spring. Winters in Southern California are nothing to complain about. I actually like the rain, but the germs that the cold breeds, I could do without.

No comments: