Thursday, June 5, 2008

Living in a city ain't so bad


Sometimes we get slack for wanting to live in Orange County. There are so many people, there is way too much traffic, and there is smog. Those are definitely not good things. But there are just too many cool things about living here. The beach, Disneyland, the Newport Beach Temple, anything I could ever want or need within a 5 mile radius. I absolutely love this area and right now I wouldn't want to live anywhere else. The other day there was a beautiful dragonfly hanging out in our backyard on the zipline. Even this little guy doesn't mind urban living.

5 comments:

Stacy said...

Ditto.. theres beauty all around. hahaha.. sorry that was cheesy.

Jamie said...

What a great picture! I don't blame you at all for living in Orange County. I loved living there (although I don't miss the traffic, high cost of living or the earthquakes:-). But I do really miss Disneyland, the beach, the great weather, and of course, the fabulous people there! Enjoy it!

km said...

I love living here too!

The Mays said...

I am SO jealous! How did you get such an incredible picture of that dragonfly?!?!? Les, you should be a professional photographer. Amazing!

P.S. I'm very jealous sometimes that I don't live in California. Oh, to be close to the ocean!

Brandy said...

Stop. Stop. Stop. You are making me jealous all over again. I loved living in the OC!!! There was always so much to do and so many cool benefits about living there that it far outweighed smog and traffic. I am right there with you, sister. If we could afford it and if Brian could have a decent paying job, we would be back in a heartbeat!